Research Department of Biotechnology
INDUSTRIAL / INSTUTIONAL TRAINING
The students are trained extensively and intensively with modern equipments. The students of M.Sc. Biotechnology course undergo summer training at the end of the second semester in reputed Industries/ Institutions. Each student carries out a research level project work in IVth semester and submits a dissertation. To list down a few reputed training institutes:
- School of Biotechnology, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Agriculture University, Madurai.
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai.
- Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai.
- Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chennai.
- Centre for Biotechnology, Chennai.
- IBMS, Chennai.
- CFTRI, Mysore.
- Murugappa Chettiar Research Centre, Chennai.
- Banana Research Institute, Tiruchirapalli
- Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding, Coimbatore.