NATIONAL CADET CORPS
The National Cadet Corps an Indian military cadet corps with its headquarters at New Delhi, India. National Cadet corps is a Tri-services organization, comprises the Army, Navy & Air force engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined & patriotic citizens. NCC was started 1985 in Nehru Memorial Cllege.
- To develop character, courage, commander-ship, leadership, secular outlook, sprite of adventure & sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizen.
- To create a human resources of organized trained & motivated youth to provide leadership in all walks of life including the armed force & always available for the service for the nation.
- NCC also provide a sound environment conductive towards motivating large numbers of young people of India to join armed forces.
“Unity and Decipline”
- NCC units includes 80 rows (120 periods) of parades.
- Regular parades
- Training camps
- Other camps
- Blood camp
- Social service
- Awareness program
- The college NCC sub - unit organized a Combined Annual training Camp at the college premises during June 2013. Over 650 cadets were participated.
- In appreciation and recognition of our college NCC activities, our college NCC unit was granted an additional strength of 15 cadets and thereby increasing our strength from 75 to 90 from the academic year 2008 - 2009 onwards.
Achievements of the cadets
- Cadet Under Officer R. Jayanthan of B.Sc Physics participated in the Republic Day Parade at New Delhi in the year 2012. He also Parade commander for TN, P and AN directorate during the RD Parade. Now, he become as officer of Indian Army in Army Air Defence, Ludhiyanna, Punjab.
Cadet Under Officer R. Porchelven of B.Sc Physics participated in the Republic Day Parade at New Delhi in the year 2014.
Cdt. R. Elanthiraiyan of B.Sc Physics selected for Army attachment camp at IMA, Dehradun. He was one among the seven cadets from Tamil Nadu during June 2017. He also participated in IGC in the year 2016.
Programme Officer and Details of Unit
| 4 / 2 COY, |
2TN BN NCC (1NF ANTRY)
NCC SUB - UNIT WAS STARTED
TOTAL NUMBER OF CADETS
| 90 ( SENIOR DIVISION ) |
|Dr. A. PRABU|