REGULATIONS FOR GOVERNING BODY
REGULATIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC COUNCIL
- The Academic Council shall be constituted by the Governing Body keeping in view the Guidelines of the University Grants Commission,
- The Academic Council will be solely responsible for all academic matters, such as, framing of academic policy, approval of courses, regulations and syllabi, etc.,
- The Council will involve the faculty at all levels and also experts from outside, including representatives of the University.
- The Principal of the College shall be nominated by the Governing Body as Chairman of the Academic Council.
- All the Chairpersons of the various Boards of Studies shall be the Members of the Academic Council,
- Not less than 4 experts from outside the College representing such areas as Industry, Commerce, Law, Education, Medicine, Engineering ete., shall be nominated as members of the Academic Council by the Governing Body.
- 4 Teachers of the College, representing different categories of teaching staff by rotation, shall be nominated as members by the Governing Body.
- Three nominees of the Bharathidasan University shall be the members of the Academic Council.
- One faculty member shall be nominated by the Principal as member of the academic council.
- The Principal shall nominate any one of the faculty member in the Academic Council as member Secretary.
- The Term of the members of the Academic Council shall be 2 years.
- The Governing Body shall nominate the Principal of the College as Chairman of the Academic Council.
- The Chairman shall preside over the meeting of the Academic Council.
- The Member Secretary of the Academic Council shall be nominated by the Principal.
- The Secretary shall issue the notifications for the meetings of the Academic Council.
- The Secretary shall record the Minutes of the Meeting and function for and on behalf of the Academic Council based on resolutions.
- The Meeting of the Academic Council shall be convened atleast once in a year.
- However, the meeting of the Academic Council may be convened more than once whenever it is felt necessary.
- The Notice for the meeting of Academic Council shall be issued by the Member Secretary of the Academic Council on the directions of the Chairman.
- The meeting of the Academic Council shall be convened with 7 clear days notice in writing to the members of the Academic Council.
- The venue and time for the Academic Council meeting shall be fixed by the Chairman.
Without prejudice to the generality of functions mentioned, the Academic Council shall have powers to
- Scrutinize and approve the proposals with or without modification of the Boards of Studies with regard to courses of study, academic regulations, curricula, syllabi and modifications thereof, instructional and evaluation arrangements, methods, procedures relevant thereto etc., provided that where the Academic Council differs any proposal, it shall have the right to return the matter for reconsideration to the Board of Studies concerned or reject it, after giving reasons to do so.
- Make regulations regarding the admission of students to different programmes of study in the college.
- Make regulations for sports, extra-curricular activities, and proper maintenance and functioning of the play grounds and hostels.
- Recommend to the Goveming Body proposals for institution of new programmes of study,
- Recommend to the Governing Body institution of scholarships, studentships, fellowships, prizes and medals, and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- Advise the Governing Body on suggestions pertaining to academic affairs given by it.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Governing Body.
REGULATIONS FOR THE BOARDS OF STUDIES
- The Board of Studies will be the basic constituent of the Autonomous College. The Boards of Studies will frame the syllabi for various courses, reviewing and updating programme including new courses of study recommending details of continuous assessments to the Academic Council.
- The various Boards of Studies of the Autonomous College shall be constituted by the Governing Body.
- The Head of the Department concerned shall be nominated as Chairman of the Boards of Studies, However, the Governing Body will nominate any experts from outside the College as Chair persons of Boards of Studies concerned for any specific reasons.
- Two Experts of the subject concerned shall be nominated from outside the College by the Academic Council
- The Chairman of the UG Board of Studies of the subject concerned shall be a member in the PG Board of Studies and the Chairman of PG Board of Studies of subject concerned shall be a member in the UG Board of Studies.
- One expert in the subject shall be nominated by the Vice Chancellor from a panel of six recommended by the Principal.
- The faculty members of each specialization shall be nominated by the Governing Body as members.
- One Post Graduate meritorious aluminous shall be nominated by the Principal.
- One Representative from Industry/Corporate/Allied area related to placement shall be nominated by the Governing Body.
- Other members of the staff of same faculty shall be nominated by the Governing Body if necessary.
- In general each Board of Studies shall be constituted with a maximum of nine members.
- The Governing Body in an extraordinary circumstances may constitute the Board of Studies with more than 9 members.
- The Term of the members of the Boards of Studies concerned shall be 2 years.
- The Meeting of the Boards of Studies shall be convened on the directions / approval of the Principal.
- The Chairman of the Boards of Studies concerned shall preside over the meeting.
- The Venue and time shall be fixed by the Chairman Boards of Studies.
- The Meeting of the Boards of Studies shall be convened atleast once in a year.
- However, the meeting of the Boards of Studies shall be convened more than once whenever it is felt necessary.
- The Chairman Boards of studies shall convene the meeting and record the minutes and submit same to the Principal.
- To prepare syllabi for various courses keeping in view of the abjectives of the College, interest of the stakeholders and national requirement for consideration and place them before the Academic Council for its approval:
- To suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques.
- To suggest panel of names to the Academic Council for appointment of Question Paper setters examiners: and
- To co-ordinate research, teaching, extension and other academic activities in the department/college.