INNOVATION INCUBATOR (i2)
ANNUAL REPORT 2014-15
7. FACULTY DEVELOPMENT: To give NMC faculty the best exposure, a regular newsletter, interaction, other institutional visits, encouragement for paper presentation/publications, projects are given.
Faculty Empowerment Program (FEP) is a weekly event where a faculty member of NMC present his/her ideas with the help of ICTs (Information and communication technologies). So far 10 successful weeks of faculty presentations were anchored
- Asst.Prof.T.Kumaravel of Department of Physics presented on “Foundation of Physics” on 6 March 2015
- Asst.Prof.P.Backialaksmi of Department of Mathematics presented on “Mathematics Behind the Modern Technology” on 27 February 2015
- Asst.Prof.P.Gowthami of Department of Chemistry presented on “Kitchen Chemistry” on 20 February 2015
- Asst.Prof.K.Tamilselvi of Department of Commerce presented on “Making Money Grow” on 6 February 2015
- Asst.Prof.R.Selvakumari of Department of Business Administration presented on “Mobile Commerce” on 30 January 2015
- Asst.Prof.Maheswari of Department of Tamil presented on “AriviyalumAnmikamum” on 23 January 2015
- Asst.Prof.Dr.C.Renuka of Department of Zoology presented on “Diabetes” on 9 January 2015
- Asst.Prof.S.Mahalakshmi of Department of Computer Science presented on “Data Mining” on 26 December 2014
- Asst.Prof.B.Annalakshmi of Department of English presented on “Othello: A Tragedy” on 19 December 2014.
Teacher’s day was celebrated on 5th September 2014. Events like quiz, dumb charades, extempore, were organized. Thiru.R.Marutharaja M.P, Perambalur was the chief guest.
8. TECHNOLOGY LINKAGE: Social Networking is gaining global importance. NMC has caught the race in time. An active presence in google+, linkedin, Facebook, Google Hangout connects management, faculty, staff, students, alumni and industry experts.
9. ACADEMIA INDUSTRY LINKAGE: A dynamic contact has been established between the NMC and industries through knowledge sharing. This relationship has helped us to gain financial support also.
- Golden Tex, Chennai has instituted a scholarship for 15 students annually.
- State Bank of India sponsored a training programme for 80 commerce graduates
- Vasan Estates contributed Rs.50000/- towards the construction of toilets in NMC
- A visit to Vijay Diary, Peramangalam for 80 students was organized to provide field experience
10. MEDIA LINKAGE: Through active engagement with the media, NMC has increased its appearance in prominent English and Tamil dailies. From 12 news coverage in the previous years it has moved 46 this year
11. INSTITUTIONAL LINKAGE: A constructive contact has been established between other institutions around the country. Management personnel of these institutes have visited our college and faculty members are contacted through ICT regularly.
- Sriram College of Commerce, New Delhi
- St.Stephen’s College, New Delhi
- University of Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Roever Group of Institutions, Perambalur
- Karpagam University, Coimbatore
- OAS institute of Technology, Pulivalam
- VKS College of Engineering & Technology, Thookamalai, Karur
- MAM College of Engineering & Technology, Sriganur
- Shivani College of Engineering & Technology
- Sudarsana Polytechnic, Kalipatty
- Chidambaram Pillai College for Women, Manachanallur
Previous Page Next Page